Tuesday, March 13, 2007

"Immoral"

Ok, someone help me out here... I need to be educated on morality because apparently I'm "immoral"

In the news yesterday and today, it was reported that General Peter Pace, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the U.S. military said,
My upbringing is such that I believe that there are certain things, certain types of conduct that are immoral
So my issue is really two fold. For starters, who the fuck is he to comment on morality because being gay has nothing to do with morality. And secondly, the general in charge of this god awful war in Iraq is the very last person on earth who should be making personal statements on morality.

Allowing gay men and women to serve in the armed forces is a right all people should be afforded regardless of sexual orientation. The sad thing is that our government doesn't think so...apparently it will hurt troop morale and cohesion. If thats the case, how come our allies the British and Australians (two countries where gays serve openly) don't seem to have a problem?

If you ask me its more about ignorance and homophobia than morality, cohesion and troop morale.

1 comment:

Lucie said...

If we are immoral.... then yeah immorality.... love your favorite Catholic School teacher.....