Sunday, July 19, 2009

Stressed the _________ Out

Stressed the fuck out is a great way to describe me lately. The past two weeks at work have been very difficult. My particular job (actually, more like my title) places me in the line of fire with people who get upset quickly if they do not get there way. And we all know how easy it is for people to blast off an unpleasant, derogatory email or to call your office and rip your head off.

This is what I've been dealing with, all day, everyday since I returned from vacation. I work with college students. 99% of the students I work and interact with are awesome and make my job fun, exciting, and worth while. But 1% of the students and mostly there parents can make going to work a living HELL!

Anxiety attacks have been driving me crazy and become more frequent due to this. I try not let these things bother me because I do have thick skin. However, a constant onslaught of complaints, whining, yelling and crying, all directed toward you can wear you down. Unfortunately, my prescription of Xanax has to be used to bring these attacks under control. Definitely not something I enjoy having to do.

This leaves me stressed, frustrated, cranky, and angry throughout the day. I don't like the way I feel when this happens. It makes work and life overall less enjoyable. I can't wait for the next month and a half to be over with . . . so I can put this behind me and just feel better.

Thank you T for just being available, listening to me, supporting me, and for your hugs and kisses when I need them most. I love you.

No comments: