Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Turning Homosexuality On or Off? Um....


So apparently, a bunch of neurologists were able to turn heterosexual fruit flies gay by doing some kind of treatment on them.  And then they were able to turn them straight again.  Very interesting. 

I really can't wait for the religious nut jobs in this country begin harping on this and say "see, sexual orientation is a behavior . . . let's change the gays".  Ok, I've simplified that a bit, but you follow.  The discussion on the New York Times blog with this article really centered around would people take a pill and change their sexual orientation from being gay to straight...blah blah blah . . .  We've all heard that kind of shit before or even been asked if we would.  In case you need to know, no, I would not take a pill to turn straight.

I sent the article via link to my gurl Maxi pad who really got me thinking . . . she was like "that would be awesome!  Think about how many hot straight guys we could drug and turn gay!"
I could stop laughing . . . and then I thought about who I'd send the pill to! haha

No comments: