Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Best Gay Pride Ever!

WOW! This past weekend had to be the best gay pride I've ever had. SOO much fun to be had!

Really, the festivities began on Thursday night as the gurls and I descended on Embassy for what is usually dubbed the opening pride party. It was pretty crowded but awesome music. I'm so addicted to "Umbrella" by Rihanna. This song might just help her "diva" status within the gay community.

Friday was actually a pretty chill day. I hung out with RLB and Foxy all day and we decided to have a gurls night in since this weekend would probably be crazy. It was a good idea that we did. We went to Blockbuster and rented some cheesy gay flicks. We didn't realize one of them, "Queens", was in Spanish with English subtitles. Cute movie though.

Saturday was the gay pride parade and I had to be up early to help setup my church group's table for pride and to make sure we were all set to march in the parade. Yes, I was the head homo in charge. I never marched in a pride parade before. It was a ton of fun!

So, after spending most of the day at government center for the pride festival, I headed home to chill with the hopes of taking a nap before going out to Avalon that night. It was the "Military Ball" Well, I got home and got a text from Foxy asking me to meet him out for a drink at club cafe. I was like "sure, why not, one won't hurt." And that's where it went down hill from there. I think the last count after 2 1/2 hours with him was seven 7&7's and a shot. We were rocked and in rare form. It was hysterical. He and I usually don't party that much . . .ok, we do but I usually do most of the boozin. Oh no, sistah gurl kept right up!

It was a little after 7pm and we parted ways - I was going to do something, I don't remember what and Foxy was going home to nap. As I walked down Columbus Ave home, I decided it would be cool to call my mom and dad to say hi. haha.... Here's the message:

Hi Mom & Dad....it's your son and I'm wasted hahahahaha.....just calling to say hello....hope you're doing well and I'll talk to you later..... HAPPY GAY PRIDE!!!!
You see, my 'rents don't talk about me being gay....they actually pretend I never told them almost 3 years ago. So I figured it would be a good idea to remind them. Oh and waking up the next day, I had no regrets! And I still don't and never should!

But moving on.... so as I walked home I got a call from RJB who did not partake in the festivities at club cafe because well....he beat us all to the punch earlier in the day and was wasted! So he went home to nap as Foxy and I kept texting him.

I was only a few blocks away from RJB's apartment so I stopped by...but not before I called my grandmother to say hello. We had a great conversation too! No, I didn't wish her a happy gay pride. At RJ's . . . I had more beer! Yes folks, gay pride brought out my rock star status. So we hung out for a few hours with his roommates and dished. So much fun. Around 9pm I decided it was best to finally head home (so much for a nap!), shower and get ready to go out.

Yet again, I was in action at Avalon . . . which was absolutely packed by the way.... what a hot looking crowd too. I think was drooling the entire time!

Oh yeah . . . and I made it out on Sunday night too for the closing pride party. That too was a kick ass fun time!

All in all, this was a long but awesome weekend. I'm still on a high over it I danced so much that my feet and legs are still sore.

2 comments:

T.S. said...

Ok but the real question...did the rents call back at all, and if so, what did they say? LMAO!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.